February 18, 2010

busy bees

Okay I have some great photos and funny stories to share with you, but don't have the time right now on my lunch to be able to cram it all in (if you are a blogger yourself you know how long it can take to upload pictures and well I also have to do some self-editing to figure out just which ones I want to put up). I know it is highly unlikely for me to get to a posting tonight, but I will definitely get one out over the weekend. Hold me to it!

From the sounds of it the hummingbirds are starting to come back up to the island, so that will mean me getting my feeder set back up and my camera poised once again. I also saw 2 bald eagles in a *blushing* compromising position today on my way to work. /sigh this is a good feeling, but also means we may start getting busier before our "normal" season. I also saw my first bumble bee today as I have the work door wide open to let in fresh warm air and gorgeous sunlight (it is helping the floor wax cure faster too)! Looks like spring is trying to sprung here.

Okay that is about all the time I have right now to fill you in. I will give you a picture or 2 though just to hold you over.

Eagle flying over Wolf Hollow.

Female Downy Woodpecker back by our Eagle flight cage.

Bald Eagle taking off from a tree across from a deer carcass.

Hope you enjoyed those!

No comments:

Post a Comment