August 25, 2009

yay! I actually am keeping up (at this moment)

Okay well looks like I am keeping up, at least for this week. Not much has happened besides me causing more physical damage to myself. No, not another staple- that has healed nicely by the way and is only sore if I push on the place where the staple actually entered my hand, but from me whacking myself in the nose with my cellphone. Short story, I had my cellphone in a hoodie pouch and when I went to take the hoodie off the cellphone decided to stop on my nose, giving me my first nose bleed in years as well as much pain.

Work has been interesting as well as quite challenging this summer. It seem that there have been many scenarios that I have never come across hitting me one right after another, sicknesses, injuries, and just plain animals- one being showcased further down in pictures. So I will quit boring you with words and get right into the pictures-okay- :) as always don't forget you can click on a picture to make it bigger.


Kanab checks me out as I check on the seals.

Dragonfly and Lotis enjoy the haul out as the sun is getting low.

Chitenango keeps a flipper over the edge.

Not quite feed time, but they don't care you are they they want food.

Chitenango comes to visit. sorry no fish yet dude.

Found something more interesting to watch.

Abalone is napping, yes under the water.

In just a few minutes came up for a breath and moved to be wedged between the pipe and side of the pool all while still napping.

Segundo is curious to what I am doing.

As is Fatmucket.

Swim little man swim.

And the newest arrivals at Wolf Hollow and animal that I have not had the pleasure of raising yet and I am extremely excited to get this opportunity they (3) even spent last night at my house in my bathroom, so I could get them a late night feed.

A baby Northern Flying Squirrel!!!! How stinking cute!

The skin that will later be used for gliding.

sleepy time as we are getting ready to feed at 11pm.

stretch out!

yikes this picture looked good before I added the others from my Nikon.

Itty bitty feet.

an Itty bitty tail.

The extra skin attaches to the knee.

found the gray squirrels all cozy asleep right before a feed I couldn't resist a photo.

back to the flyers.

whiskers.

big head.

so small in my hand

stretched out.

Caught in the act.. in the food dish eating on his/her own.. Wait a minute.. that is a barn swallow they catch on the fly... what is he doing.

Checking out the moving meal worms.



Last but not least a video for your viewing pleasure. We have in a Juvi barred owl that got tagged by a truck (actually the side mirror on the truck). He most likely have a coracoid break so is on cage rest. S/he loves to hoo at me when I peek in the kennel.. soo cute.


Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment