October 9, 2005

a day unlike any other

Well today was an odd day, overall I would say it was a good day. But it has one of those do you want the bad news or the good news first senarios. I, like to start with the bad news so I will lay out the bad side of the day.

Bad news:
Well it started out pretty much unlike most days, b/c we (a roomie and I) attended a party in Waimanalo last night, and instead of driving the 15 minutes home that we could have; we crashed there. It wasn't that either of us had to much to drink it was just the thought of convenience for us. Especially for me, since they were having a Triatholon on the road we take to work, so traffic was a brake grinding halt (at least that is pretty much what my other roomies said). But on the other hand, I am one of those people that need quiet, darkness, and my own space to sleep. Unfortunately, I did not receive such a luxury. I was on the couch in the living room, with 5 other people crashed out. A movie was on, and all the lights were on, and directly behind me (I was facing the back of the coach to try to cut some noise and light out) were 2 people making out. Uggghhh... GET A ROOM (one of them did reside there so she did have a room)!!!!! So, long story pretty much to say I was really tired at work. I also put in a lot of work today. The worst part of work was Sundays, we do end of day, that is getting rid of all the bad fish for the last few days. It is kept in a freezer (which decided to not work properly sometime yesterday afternoon), so it was pretty thawed, leaky and smelly :(. The truck was being used by some other department in the park, so we had to hand cart these bags of bad fish up to the dumpsters, and then throw them into the dumpsters. I lost my slippers like 2 times going up b/c I had just gotten out of the water and was completely soaked, but was soaked by bad fish juice before the unload was complete (GROSS).

Good news:
But what made the day great, is that I somehow had a lot of energy today and was ready to have some fun at work. I didn't do a large amount of fun things, but the highlight of the day was helping Chrissy out with Kekaimalu (the Wholphin), they are working with her to make her belly rides much smoother. So, to start out with I got to help with stationing and feeding her. Then I was sending her to Chrissy and helping out with the training. Then the best part of all, Chrissy had me go out and get a few belly rides from her. We also did the same thing in the afternoon session. It was great; she is so strong and does a great job of pulling you through the water. Of course, this made one of the other interns mad, but what can I say. I mean I hope she gets a chance, but I am glad I got to do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment