October 26, 2005

a good night/bad next day (ugggh alcohol can be bad)

This is a piece written in retrospect for what was a very fun night, but an awful following day. The day started out good, it was my Friday (Monday), so I was all ready for a night of fun. It was one of my cohort in crime at the parks birthday. We went out to Dave & Buster's for gaming and drinking. What a fun place, video games, ski ball, shuffleboard, pool, and a full bar! After playing some games having a few drinks (1/2 price mixed drinks for happy hour, good idea again added to the bad consequences), I went with one of the girls to meet up with my other roommates at Cabanas. Some good company and discussion, a bit of a downpour couldn't dampen our spirits. Again, after a few drinks and another shot we closed that bar down. A few people parted their ways, but 3 of us headed up the road to Tsunami's for more alcoholic bliss. Rob and I played 3 games of pool. I won 2 out of three and then played the next guy, kinda cute tattoo and pierced fellow, as the bar lights were coming up (he won, but I at least held my own). So my roomie and parted ways from Rob. It wasn't until we were walking to her car that I realized I was pretty bad shape. I babbled all the way home, b/c I knew if I shut my eyes I was going to become ill. I managed to make it home, but as soon as I laid down the nausea hit me. I was able to fall asleep after that, but I haven't ever felt so hung over the day after as I did from this. I would say that I have learned my lesson, but I think I really probably didn't (especially with Halloween right around the corner).

No comments:

Post a Comment