November 2, 2005

Halloween

What a grueling night. It started out decent, then got really rough, but then ended on a good note. But that is what happens when you are relying on a whole group of girls to be ready at a certain time and put someone in charge of something that they shouldn't be. The plan was to head into Waikiki between 8 and 9. Well the person I thought that would not make it here on time was the first one to arrive, and then we waited....and waited... until almost 10 pm before the rest of the group that was heading in got here. On the way in we lost one of the cars following us and they didn't do too well with the verbal instructions so again we waited. We called a taxi to pick us up and they said it would be 20 minutes, and again we waited... and waited.... and then recalled and they said they were still looking for a cab that could pick the 7 of us up. At this point it was time to walk. So we started walking flagged down 2 small cabs, which dropped us off no where near where we wanted. I was frustrated b/c of how long it was taking us and at 2 of the members b/c they had pregamed so much that they could hardly walk and we had to take care of them all the way up the street to Cabanas. But it was pretty cool we walked down Kumu-Kumu and saw some great costumes and some body paint costumes that should have been wearing costumes. We finally all arrived and everyone kept asking me what was wrong. I said drop it and let me drink and I will get better, the more people ask me what is wrong the longer I am going to be pissy. Which that soon faded b/c I got to finally have a drink or two, some good conversation, and good company all night. Thanks Rob for keeping me sane! And then we bar hopped after Cabanas closed, we were going to go to Bobby G's spot after a roomie returned from taking another roomie to the car that was giving her a ride home (the one that had pregamed way to much). But I had to go to the bathroom so Rob and I went into Nashville's got a beer and used the facilities. When we returned to street level, everyone had disappeared even though they were told to wait. So we did some calling, went to Bobby's and picked up Katey and found out everyone else had gone to Kelly O'Neil's. So we made our way there. Saw a kissing booth inside and coronal Sanders, after they called closing, we wondered from bar to bar just as everyone was calling closing. Then a few of us made our way to Rob's house. I was done drinking for the night, I pulled out the water card. We all chilled and I think the few of us that stayed there crashed around 7 am (over a 24 hour day for me, yeah!). Of course, for those that know me well, I don't sleep well at others places so I probably got about 3-4 hours of sleep and didn't actually make it home until 6:00 pm the Tuesday b/c we just hang out all day. It turned out a lot better than I had imaged from the frustration and angerment that I was in when we finally got to the party. There are a few pics in my space in a new folder called out on the town. Check them out. I didn't take to many photos b/c I did want to enjoy myself so I put my camera away, besides I would have used all three of my memory cards in 20 minutes if I took pictures of all the awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment