November 16, 2005

The casualties of stupidity

Some days I think I have it in for myself. Like last week when I was trying to be helpful at work and ended up hurting myself more than anything. We were having issues with water levels being even in the show pool and the holding pool. Well if the levels are uneven by anything more than an inch the gate just will not move smoothly. This was the case last Thursday. I was helping move the gate so that we could get all the dolphins back together, but the water level was not even. So I gave the gate a yank to get the water flowing to help even out. Well one of the dolphins broke for its station so I wanted to get the gate open as soon as possible so she wouldn't come push on it and hurt herself. So I reached down yanked with all of my might, pulling the gate back, but in the process I slipped bruised up the entire side of my right leg, sat down (hard) on the gate, and then some how managed to flip over and fall into the pool while still holding onto the gate handle. I got a couple of "are you okay"s by the trainers, and a couple of people laughing so hard they could speak. I was okay, my pride was what seemed to be more hurt at that moment. It wasn't until I got out of the pool and had a few minutes to look down at my leg and see the scratches I received from the slipping down the wall and what was a small bruise at the time. It how escalated into a very large calf bruise that is a bit painful. All in a days work... right ?!? I just have to post pics I took of it on Saturday after it happened. Today it looks much better, I have be massaging it to make the bruise go away faster even though it hurts like a Bee itch. This is what topped off last week as being a not so fun week, and I even have physical marks to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment