December 31, 2006

Tis the season

What do you say when you get a gift so lavish, unexpected, or just plain exactly what you needed or wanted? When it feels like saying thank you a million plus times won’t cut it? When you sit in awe and tears fill your eyes?

Well this happened to me this week. I sat in my truck and balled, yes I cried, amazing huh? I have said thank you multiple times and would say it a million plus if needed. I even told this person I couldn’t accept it. But got, “Penny you need this, you will take it.” I now said person (we will call him John Doe) will read this blog and I will probably be reprimanded for doing so…. Naw… jk…

But still it makes me think back to all the perfectly timed gifts in my life and the givers. Mr. Doe has said he wasn’t putting a “price” on friendship, but to me it was an eye opener. I never felt that he had that much invested in this friendship. I don’t mean that in a negative way at all. I just never thought of myself that valued. Especially since I feel like I have been a complete waste of space for the past month. How sad do I feel now, it takes a much needed gift to put me back into the loop of, my friends do care. Wow as I write this now I get the strong feeling that all my antics lately looked like a big ploy or con, yet I was just venting feelings.

I do know that Mr. Doe wasn’t feeding into these feelings and he was being a true genuine friend. Other friends as of late have steered me in the right path as well and I want to thank them. Be it from recommending a DVD on metaphysical healing, to words of encouragement, words of God, or getting me out of the house and rut daily routine. Thank you! Each and every one of you.

I think I am coming around again, good old Penny, ready to start the new year with a list of resolutions, hopefully not broken in the first few days, but I have a good support system to keep me on track.

Once again thank you everyone especially Mr. John Doe. I can never ever show enough thanks. Someday I will get you back when you need/want something. And for those of you who think msg me to get who Doe is and the gift… don’t even think about it. If he wants to let you all know he is more than welcome too.

“Which of you fathers, if your son asked for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment