February 3, 2007

Everchanging

So, It has been a struggle the past few years for finding a job in my field, animal caretaker, without having numbers of years of experience (funny b/c most want paid experience with accredited facilities.. how do you get that if they don't hire new entries??) . I have been working hard at a few internships to start my "experience" necessary. And it seems like it has paid off. I have a job offer!! I do have a lot to learn in this job, as they have much more responsibilities than my last internship, really if I would have stayed there as an employee I wouldn't have had much more to learn. But here, I will have to learn eagle, hawk, and owl handling and care. Habor seal rearing. And they.. I mean we.. do all the blood draw, work-up, x-rays, and fecal work. So I will learn a ton on the med side of animal care.

Of course this means I am on the move again, and this time. It is going to be super stange. I won't be to far from "home" but I will be moving on my own. The first time in my life. I don't qualify any college moves I made, like when I went to San Juan Island before, or my 2 internships. B/c those involved moving with people involved in the programs... etc, etc... I am both excited and nervous about that.. I have an okay amount of furniture if I end up in an unfurnished apartment, but not a whole lot. I also lack entertainment items... ummm yeah, I still don't own a tv, but I am sure my bro will let me have one of the several that are in the house.

I will have to part with my kitten for awhile, while I live in the housing they provide, but will be getting her back and will require my housing situation allow cats, but until then at least I know she will have happy here with my other cat that my brother will keep.

So soon I will be packing my truck back up with some of my belongings, heading north, getting on the ferry and off to the island of San Juan. I am excited, b/c I love it there. It may be a small sleepy island, but still right now it gives me the focus on my career. There are some good things there, herb's, China Pearl, Paradise Lanes, and of course loads of outdoor adventure stuff. I am so excited and ready to go diving up there.

Like I said life is an everchanging process, and once again mine has taken another turn. Finally one for the better.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm happy that you found something without having to drive halfway across the country again!

    ReplyDelete