January 30, 2007

loveliness

I forgot until today just how beautiful San Juan Island is. I came up here today for a onsite visit and interview for a job. It couldn't have come at a better time, b/c I needed to get out of my normal surroundings and regain who I am, and not what is expected of me. I had just a bit of time today from my ferry landing and when I was to be at the Rehab center... So I did what I do, I just drove. I forgot about the hidden coves, the being completely in treeland while driving. Everything is oh so green up here. I also went outside tonight to just relax and remembered to look at the stars, they are beautiful. They are still washed out a bit, but it could be b/c we just had a full moon and the slightly waning (??) moon was as bright as bright could be, or maybe still some city light. I couldn't see as many of them as I could in Kendalia, but still gorgeous... and also I wasn't listening to lion's roaring, but I was listening to a Cooper's Hawk that was quite boisterous as I was taking in my surroundings.

This place is quite different than TX.. granted they are a smaller rehab center, and it is winter, so they have about 9 animals currently. There is no one here on site at night. Though in the summer months there are 5 interns that live in the intern housing, but right now I have the place to myself. I would say I do have the urge to wonder into my old water hole, Herb's.. almost sad that I wasn't here for a Wednesday night, b/c of course they have Kareoke.. the place were my night life life really started. Awww... but tomorrow I am going to tool around so more and go visit all my fav old spots. Lime Kiln, Cattle Point, drive past the Friday Harbor Labs......

I sit here and let out a big sigh.. life is an everchanging journey. I am still not sure where it is taking me. I know where I have been and what I have done. Now it is time to reflect, set some things straight, and move on. /sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment