January 24, 2007

White Jimmy and black pussy...CAT

Not a racial profile or comment… something my day was filled with.

I just want to say after the lovely, lovely day I have had it was just another piece of happiness.

My day started out a bit annoying, the phone ringing at quarter to 9, thinking it was some unholy telemarketer. When it actually turns out to be a call I wanted to get, the job possibility front, so I heard half the message and then went back to bed... albeit I couldn’t sleep. So I got up, did all my usual morning routines and headed out for errands. Normal everyday things… that are brightened by running into my good friend who is home on his mid-tour leave from Iraq!!! I was going to see him soon, but it was nice to see him unexpectedly. Although, I didn’t get to give him the jump on Tony, knock him backwards hug that I generally have for him when I get to see him. I guess I will have to save that for tomorrow when I see him. 

I became scared b/c it was 11:30 am and it seemed like my day had completely peaked. It was/is in fact the best day I have had in an incredibly long time. Amazing, I was fearful though that this meant that my day could and would take a turn for the worst. But, I wasn’t going to let it. The weather was beautiful today. It was about 65 degrees in our sunny little town, which was 10 degrees warmer than it was in the Quah. With some sunlight left, trust me, being on this side of the hills the sun disappears for us at 2:30 at the latest right now. So I decided to give Jimmy a bath, it has been something that has bugged me for a very long time. He hasn’t been cleaned in about a year, so now all my Texas dirt and bugs have been washed away, and cleaned off of my hands… shhhh… do you hear that?? I think I just heard all the “Don’t mess with Texas” dirt screaming! All the while I brought Onyx out on her harness and leash to play in the yard while I washed. Well I learned a few things, she may try to escape outside; she is freaked out by cars running and by the hose. She ran at one point and slipped on the garage matt that was wet and fell in the water, poor baby. I also washed my brother’s Evo 8, yeah can we say it was filthy too; and I got more muddy water on me from his Enkei rims, which really frustrated me b/c of how open they are and the amount of detailed scrubbing they need. After the fact I thought we should have done before and afters of my truck and his car.

Well that is about all I have for the day, now I need just get caught up on emails I didn’t get a chance to read yet, and have to look up the ferry schedule out of Anacortes!

No comments:

Post a Comment