October 8, 2008

another day dawns

So today we finally finished moving the wood from the demolished eagle flight cage. We have contractors coming in tomorrow with our ED (Executive Director) to look at the site, and they would like to get started on the foundation work this week!! wow, it is hard to believe that it will started finally. But in the process today I stepped on a nail from the torn down lumbar. I forgot just how bad it hurts. Of course, I went and soaked it in Epsom salts and ubber hot water, and then applied golden seal & and large bandage. It throbbed for a bit, and then it was good, but wow tonight, it was a little sore you can't expect much for a puncture wound to the meat of your foot!

As for tonight, I was out helping celebrate a friend's birthday. We went to Steps, this is my first experience at eating there.. And OMG.. I know the owner, Madden, and have had cocktails in there a few time. But as for eating, it is generally beyond my means as it is a wine bar & cafe. Plus I am not a big wine drinker. The good thing about going with a large number of people is that you can taste and try many different plates. I do recommend that everyone try it when they come to Friday Harbor, plan to spend some time and a bit of money.

As for me I am going to head to bed as tomorrow is like day what 12 for me, and I just need to get through those 10 hours before I can breath a sigh of relief and be done with this large stint and get a few days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment