October 2, 2008

What a day...

Okay just a quick note on what today consisted of.

Feed harbor seals. Feed squirrels. Feed 7 new baby bunnies (euros). Tubed a saw-whet owl. Administrative paperwork. Starting to scrub our wetpen where the otter has resided for at least 3 months. Feed seals & bunnies again. Prepped some foods. Fed more bunnies. Picking up a dead deer down at the south end of the island, seeing another one in the valley on the way back to work, so picked that large buck up. Butchering the 2 deer. Just as I finished up, a call from the vineyards about a hbc (hit by car) fawn. Met the sherrif out there (they had put the fawn in the chapel). Collected the fawn, took it back for exam and found out that there was way to much extensive internal damage so I humanely euthed it. Tubed a saw-whet owl. Feed more bunnies. Bagged the venison that I cut. Washed up all my gross dishes from the deer(s). Did paperwork for the fawn.

All in a tough days work. What a long week it was, and I don't even get my "weekend" b/c we are going to release 2 seals tomorrow so that means a few hours of work out of me. And Saturday we are having a work party to clean up all the wood from the taken down Eagle Flight cage in order to prep the site for the rebuild!!! Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment