October 18, 2008

untitled

So, last evening we released 5 of our 9 raccoons. Hopefully I can give you more on the catching the rascally girls when I get the pictures from Jessica on Shona and I catching them up for the release. But until then I will give you something else.

Once again I had trouble sleeping last night with loads of words and scenarios playing in my head. I did something that I haven't done in a LONG time. I wrote some poems to get the words out of me head. And guess what, it worked!?! I was asleep as soon as I put my notebook away & turned off my bed light. Now I am not claiming to be the best poet or even a mediocre poet, but I figure I will share my words with you.

Trapped

Trapped,
So close, yet so far
You are oblivious to me.

It as if I am screaming,
Screaming underwater.
The world unable to hear,
Hear me cry out.

I keep pushing,
Trying to get through.
Feels like I am stuck,
Stuck in quicksand.

Why does it cause so,
So much pain?
Wading and waiting,
Through a so-called life.

Sitting in a crowded room,
Surrounded, yet forgotten.
That is how I feel,
Trapped.

Haunted

Haunted by your memory,
Pained with how things were left.

I think of a place
Of such happy memories.
Your smiling face in them
Makes me shutter.

I try to delete your number,
But cannot bring myself to it.
I try to be in touch still,
But never hear a word.

I care still,
Hoping life finds you well.
But I,
I am haunted.

No comments:

Post a Comment