July 10, 2009

delayed.

Okay so I will rewind roughly a week to the fourth. It was a day of ups and downs; which seems pretty typical of fourth of July. I don't know why but I hold this ideal in my head of what the fourth should be and it never seems to live up to it.

In town the parade in the morning was okay, this is the first time I have gotten to see the parade as I am usually working. I was expecting to be more since this is the centennial year for Friday Harbor. From what I heard, not so much. Here a few shots from that.

Jenn got a peppermint lemon, and this was the flag that was stuck in it.

Eugene as a woman... of course, and yes they even include alcohol in the parade.

My perty toes

Jenn and the Flux Capacitor

The Highlander Bagpipers.

How would you like to march with the bass drum like that?

My toes again!

The Canoe Island French Camp.

Our float!

Kailee as a seal!

Roy twirls flags

The cutest pirate dog ever

Argh!

Tiffany, and Kaitlin

Our friends Kris and T:FLO rock the curb across the way.

Michelle our board president, throws candy our way.

Poor puppies haircut. lol

The end.. of the parade.

After that we headed back to Jenn's shop where we printed shirts, and printed shirts.. by the end of the afternoon this is how much the day had gotten to us.

Jen uses her shirt boards as a foot stool and chills with a Modelo... we left soon after that for naps.

Johanna was checking out my camera and snapped some pictures.

Blue Steel.

Of course there were fireworks. And for the first time I had a camera that I could actually get some good shots! I was sitting on a section of the floating docks so there is some wiggle in the pics but I think they turned out beautiful and I can relive the fireworks all year longs.








Pretty huh?

Afterwords we went to Herb's.. even though many of us didn't want to. Strange vibe and just weird...
Jenn dances with creepy guy... lol

Show him what it takes.

I hope you enjoyed.. so more animals.



No comments:

Post a Comment