July 28, 2005

childhood fascinations

I was reminded the other night of just how long childhood fascinations can stay with us. I will not include names or where I know this person from. But I had someone show me enthusiasm can linger after many years. Unfortunately I couldn't share the enthusiasm with the said product. The item: glowsticks. "And we... and we.... glowsticks yea!!" I started to think about my own childhood, and realized that anything pertaining potential chemicals and anything that was flammable was pretty much not allowed or confiscated from me. So, needless to say, I was very experimental with mixing chemicals and breaking things. And after my brother and I started a small bonfire on our cement patio as kids we were monitored with flammable items. So as I think about what makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I guess I would have to say anamaniacs, pound puppies, kites... hmm... I keep thinking shuffleboard but that is a new fascination. I am sure that I have forgotten something, but you know I can always add it later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment