July 20, 2005

The perils of camping

So I spent the last weekend camping with friends up just on the other side of the mountains (maybe even considered in the mountains) of Washington. It was a blast. There were downsides... wind and it being too chilly to take the jet skies out for a good romp on the lake. Of course the day we were packing up was absolutely perfect for that kind of adventure. It was great to get back in touch with nature. Bringing in food, water, firewood, alcohol, and of course iPod to have something to listen to while there. And the funny thing is, we were not the only one. One of the campers down on the beach definitely had one b/c you can tell by the misc assortment of music being played as well as the song skipping after about 30 seconds in a song. It was pretty tight. Tell you want though, I do not miss smelling like a campfire, especially my hair; which I couldn't break that smell until I had my scuba lesson in the pool last night. But the excitement of sleeping in a tent, playing poker, getting snockered around a campfire, making s'mores, and just chillin in the sun was grand. All in all I would have to say the trip was pretty good, with only minor set backs. I know jimmy was pumped to find some gravel roads that were potholed as all get out.

Thought of the day: Some people are like Slinkies ...Not really good for anything,
But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment