July 3, 2005

People and the pets who love them

I am writing this in response to some issues I have had to deal with lately. 1- being people who think they can take their pets everywhere with them. This includes into discount stores (oh.. I am not talking about PetSmart or Petco where they encourage it!), but a regular run of the mill every day discount store. I have seen this many times in the store in which I work as well as ones I shop in. Do people not understand issues with bringing in their pets. Allergies of other people, the fact that some of these store sell and serve food, and just that animals have a tendency to do what they want when the want, ESPECIALLY PUPPIES. This brings me to the store that actually made me write this. A woman brought her puppy into work and decided to place it on the conveyor belt; well, the belt started to move. Guess what?? The puppy got scared and piddled right there on the belt and items on the belt. The cashier had the unfortunate experience to have picked up one of said items. The customer just laughed and dabbed at the mess with a paper towel. She was quite inconsiderate about the fact that we didn't want to pick up this mess. I wanted and still want to shot her, the owner, in the head with some soft pellet gun. JUST LEAVE THE PUPPY AT HOME, or is she afraid it will piddle on her carpet.

This brings me to my second point. Even though I do not want to see you bring your gd pet into the store, I do NOT, I repeat DO NOT, want to see you leave them in the car. I don't care what the temperature is, it is unfair to the creature to leave it locked up. ESPECIALLY this time of year, we, as a store, cannot overhead page people b/c we are in a shopping complex and the owner (who should be looked in a hot room with a fur coat on) may not even be in our store. So, once again I just want to say leave your pet at home. Or else I will shot you in the head with a soft pellet gun. BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment