July 26, 2005

grrrrr....people annoy me

Working retail can be a tough job, especially when most people in this world annoy me. That is okay b/c I am sure that I annoy a fair share of people myself, and I have come to accept that. But what really gets to me are those few problem customers or people who just won't stop talking. I am reminded of this b/c last night when closing I had such a customer. He generally comes in at LEAST once a week and has to talk for 10 minutes to every employee he runs into. Also, he tries to return the most obscure things. Like a bag of chips (entirely eaten) and claims that they are stale. Last night it was 1/2 a bag of bird seed "that the birds just don't like". I have had it with him and refused the return and he said "I understand, I had to try". WHAT!! NO YOU DIDN'T!! And even though I had another person in line behind me he has to babble on some crap that I just nodded and tried to get back to work. It didn't help b/c the lady behind him tried to return a box of Glad trashbags (1/2 used and receipt over 90 days). She said she had never had anyone so strict on policies and asked if I was training to become a manager. Well, "I am a manager already", but of course she didn't believe me on that. I just don't get people and really don't want to anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment