June 17, 2005

Awwww the joys of silence

Now don't get me wrong, I love my family just as much as most twentysomethings. BUT there is a reason that I moved 1100 miles away.... to avoid the inevitable "worry" speeches from my mother and the short fuse, and heavy drinking of my father. Not to mention having an extra cat in my house....YES I do love my cat, but I have decided I definitely do not want two unresponsive furry critters in my house. I have also decided that my niece just hasn't grown up yet. She is in the mid age (11) so she thinks that the world still owes her and she can whine and use a very high pitched squeal when she isn't getting her way. Unfortunately I can only hand so much of this, especially since I am known to whine myself from time to time. There are many good points of having the famn damily around... 1) I got lots of new stuff, clothes, kitchen accessories, scuba gear, scuba lessons. 2) someone else to nag my brother and finally get him to clean out his gutters. 3) a full fledge reason to have to go out on Tuesday night (though there is always a FULL fledge reason to go out on Tuesdays). 4) I got to cook for lots of people, and since cooking is one of my many passions this was great. I prepared a rather simple breakfast one morning of eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, and toast.. and then a grand italian dinner of spaghetti w/ meat sauce and alfredo with toppings of chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, and tomatoes YUMMY!! But now I sit here and look around and see everything I need to now do. Laundry, put away all my new stuff, dishes, and putting all the dishes away someone else has washed, vacuuming the multitude of cat hair up, and put away the bedding..... *sigh* I guess that only means one thing... I gotta go out.. I can't be here in this mess I will leave it for later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment