June 5, 2005

Bludgeoning birds

Once again as I was preparing supper I had another bird decide to bludgeon itself on the picture window over the breakfast nook. This has come to be about a 2 to 3 times a day occurrence. Yet I cannot figure it out, because washing windows is something that I just don't do, and since my brother doesn't do it; it just plain and simple doesn't happen. Each time it happens it seems put my cat into a frenzy with wanting to go out. Like he is saying "Mom, I can get this one!". Even though it is tempting to let nature do its work, I do feel the urge to intervene. Well on tonight's occasion, a Stellar Jay decided that it could fly through the window, as I looked up once I went out the light did make it really tough to not see the trees' reflection. I was certain that it was a goner; all it did was lay on its back and breath heavily. The bird did not move its weeks or its legs. I then went out to check on the grill, ironically I was cooking chicken, the bird did not move or make a sound. I returned to the house to tell my brother that he needed to take care of the bird that was going to be dead in a little while. Well, we sat down to eat dinner, and I kept looking out at the bird. To my amazement it somehow turned itself over, again sending my cat in a frenzy. Well, I don't know when or how, but the bird did manage to get itself off the deck and probably back in the trees. We will see if the saga continues and it decides that the window is drive through again at a later date. If so... he deserves to die! (Darwin at work)

"That someone out there's/Listening to the same song/
Feeling the same way that I do/Make me a believer pick up the receiver
And tell me you feel just like I do"


No comments:

Post a Comment