June 26, 2005

A sad day

As I was looking through headlines this morning, I became saddened when I came across one. Paul Winchell, age 82, dies. Why am I saddened over a Paul dying in his sleep in the comfort of him home at a ripe age or 82? It is because he was the voice of one of my most beloved childhood characters... T I double Grrr R. Throughout his life he had many great accomplishments. Being a great ventriloquist and bringing dummies to life on TV, an inventor who held 30 patents, including one of the early artificial hearts in 1963. Yet, I know personally I will not forget some of the memorable voice he created. Gargamel of "The Smurfs", Boomer of "The Fox and the Hound", and once again the famous Tiger pal of Winnie the Pooh. The laugh that everyone knows so well (I know you can hear it in your head right now). And the famous taglines: "That's what tiggers do best", "The most wonderful things about tiggers are tiggers are wonderful things. Their tops are made out of rubber; their bottoms made out of springs.", and my personal favorite "TTFN---Ta Ta for now".

If you want to learn more: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=195179&GT1=6657

With such a strong influence on children all over the world it is only fair for me to bring this segment to a close. TTFN -- Ta Ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment