August 19, 2005

day 2 O'ahu

So, yesterday was pretty much a settling in sort of day and can tell you how sore my arms are today. I just explored the major streets and not much of anything else. Today, a day for exploration, I didn’t feel like I was anywhere near paradise yesterday; that definitely changed today. I went for drive after a leisurely morning. I thought I should see where I would be working and also take a cruise by the house in which I will be living. Man am I in awe. On the way out towards the Sea Life Park I came across so many different beaches and just beautiful sights. I decided I was going to stop at one, but thought I would do that on the way back after driving past work. Well, I found a beautiful beach just past work that had hardly anyone on it. Sure beats the thought of going to crowded Waikiki, but I am sure I will still do that over the next few days. I also drove by Diamondhead, and Koko Crater, two quite awesomely cool sights. I will explore them more later. I again have included photos and again most were taken while I was driving (I am a bad driver lol). I never expected half of the beauty here. I really wish I had someone here to share it with, but what can I do. I guess besides call everyone and make them jealous (been there, will do it again). Tonight I get to pick my roommate up at the airport. I am so excited to show her what I already have discovered and I haven’t even left the southern and western part of the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment