August 19, 2005

Day one O'ahu

Well I made it! After 5 hours of flight, 1 turkey sandwich, 1 Koh Hawaiian Ice Tea, 1 Lion’s Coffee (Hawaiian grown). We landed on island that was a balmy 89 degrees. Just being able to move and stretch out was all I was really concerned with at that point. It wasn’t until lugging around my luggage (I wish at this point I had a cabana boy!) and then waiting in line with Alamo for an hour to get my car could be looked at as not so good points of the day. The worst part of the day; walking out and seeing that I have been given a Pontiac Vibe as my car for the week (WHAT!!) Well I decided to drive around and try to get lost haha. Let me tell you they shouldn’t call it Interstate H1, and H3 for more than 1 reason (the obvious is that they don’t connect any states) but b/c the speed limit on these supposed routes is between 35 and 50. Uggggghhh, but of course no one runs that slow. I took a drive down Lagoon drive and saw this really cool lagoon, and then at the end by an airport is a parking lot that I pulled into to look at directions and figure out where I was and where I wanted to end up. Well, I had 2 F16’s take off over my head and I was parked to a new Pontiac GTO. Mommy do I want that car, maybe not in yellow, but I want that car. The first meal here I decided to stop at Wendy’s (I just about hit up MCDs but figured I could have done that in North Bend. Good news, my meal cost about the same it would have in Seattle (huge sigh of relieve), also gas prices the same, not 5 bucks a gallon. So now I just have to compare food prices. And I figured while I was at it I would go into my first store on the island. Hmm… what ever could it be… howsabout the Honolulu Harley Davidson dealership. That’s right kiddies, momma is making you proud. Of course, the picture I took outside after word makes it look downright heavenly. Of course I will have lots of nifty photos on my spaces website. http//:www.spaces.msn.com/members/icydol/ Until later aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment