August 1, 2005

Sooo much info

Okay, so this past weekend was chalked full!! So I decided to break up my blog into 2 separate entries. Even though they both will probably turn out incredibly long at least I will try my best to keep it short. This blog will entail home and work portions of the weekend while part II consists of the scuba portion of my weekend.

This was my finally weekend of work at my retail store. Friday was an interesting day b/c I thought most people knew, especially since our store is the gossip capital. I told them at our morning huddle that it was a pleasure working with most of them and that I was moving onto bigger and better things that pertain to what I have been studying. Some where in shock to finally hear this. Friday was a fun day with lots of joking around with people while keeping my composure. Saturday on the other hand seemed to be a day from HELL. Besides coming in from diving, I had someone call out and the floor had about 3 callouts. This meant very short staffing. If I need someone to come up and back up cashier, ha best of luck. All I could do was try to keep things together and lead the team. I didn't get everything done that I should have before I went home b/c it was just too busy. Sunday was a short day, but I again there were issues. I got there a little later than I liked (our boat got back later than I think was anticipated), and then when I went to change clothes. I zipped up my skirt, but guess what?? Unbeknownst to me, it didn't zip up. I walked across the salesfloor with my supergirl underwear showing. The security guy chased me down and told me I should fix that before I came back out(of course I just laughed it off and said "well, I guess everyone just needed to see supergirl panties tonight". Well, there was no fix so in my office I threw my shorts back on and rushed out to the salesfloor and bought some new pants for a 3 hour shift, the week that I take my spare clothes out of my truck is of course the time that I need them. Seriously, all I could do was laugh all night. I really didn't get much accomplished b/c I had short-timers and spent most of my time just closing registers down.. ahhhh to be done. It was nice to be able to get up this morning and not have to worry about work. But then I looked around and realized that there is so much I have to worry about this house. My plants were in desperate need of water, the dishes in the sink had become heaping with more by my chair and some by my brothers. Of course there is so much mail I haven't gone through, and paperwork I need to work on, and financial matters to tend too. Ugghh... All I can do is start on it and work on it through the rest of the week until everything is back in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment