May 6, 2009

another cold day on the island.

So it is still been very chilly and rainy here.  It feels soo much colder since we had those really nice days last week where we had lots of sun and I was even wearing shorts (trying to make my legs not look so ghostly).  I know the hummingbirds have been very happy to have feeders.  I have 2 sitting outside my window right now.    I can't quite tell what kind they are as the lighting with the dark gray skies makes it tough to tell.  

Last night we had our monthly board meeting for work, which in my opinion is a bored meeting.  Yes, there is information that is good for me to have and then some that I could really do without, even though it should be important.  Once home, I noticed that Onyx was quite happy in my glider rocker with one of my fleece blankets that my niece made for me (actually she is curled up there right now).  At one point I walked past her and she was belly up!! I think this is absolutely adorable; she actually stayed there long enough for a few pictures!!

belly up kitty kat
what mom, I am not doing anything wrong... why are you hovering?
what is over there?
this look says, I will not be staying here any longer.

Of course things are work are still a trucking.  We actually got in first fawn in and yesterday we got our first hatchling songbird in.  Unfortunately it has some intestinal/gut issues and didn't make it through today.  I had been working hard on trying to keep it going by trying many different things. /sigh.  But, of course we still have the cute river otter kits & the barn owls.

feeding the big boy

now they are getting pretty darn squiggly so pictures can be tough.

The lighting is off, but all curled up after getting fed and the wash down to keep their coats clean.


barn owlets.  2 are really starting to look like barn owls

who gives a hoot.. or a hiss-- like a little tea kettle.  like Goldilocks: too big, too small, and just right.

Well that is about it for now, tonight I will be heading back out to the center for evening feeds.  I will try to get a few more pictures this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment