May 4, 2009

a dreary dreary Monday

Today has been drab!! gray, cool/cold, windy.  Just a miserable kind of day.   It started by an early arrival at the center so I could get the babies fed before I had to take the new fawn to the vet for an exam.  Her prognosis is to splint the legs and check in 3 days, rewrap and just wait to see if the tendons- that are soo tight that she is walking on her tip-toes with bow legs- release.

Here she is post splinting!  She is teeny tiny (I forget every year how small they are) at a meager ~1.8 kg (just shy of 4 lbs).

She looks pretty sad, but at least she can stand and walk.  Which was very difficult pre-splint.




Here she is in all of her small glory.  I am crossing my fingers this works.

After doing the normal every day tasks I worked on white board projects.  One of which was mowing.  I was in need of doing something outside and mind numbing.  I am not one to get songs in my head unless I am in an upset mood so the past few days I have had hate/meaningful songs running through my head.    It was great, I haven't mowed in so long.  I spent over an hour mowing the ed area, intern housing lawn, and then the front work yard.  The only down side, my hands were vibrating for hours afterwords.

With the afternoon feeds I saw some pretty flowers and I decided to stop and take some photos.  


Tonight, I haven't done much besides busting out my little camp grill to make some cheeseburgers and my fry daddy to make up some fries.  Yum, and now I stuffed.  I am listening to the hummingbirds who are fighting over the fresh supply of sugar water in the feeder (they are much more active tonight).  They must be trying to stocked up as it sounds like we are getting a huge storm tonight.  Ugh!  have I ever mentioned how much I hate wind and it sounds like we will get a lot.  This storm is basically being said to be like the storms we get in Nov/Dec (can anyone say gailing winds and hard pounding rain).  This could mean lots of animals in need of help soon.

Ugh, I am going to relax with my cat on my lap and just hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment