May 17, 2009

I wish I could say no excuse... but really

So, I wish I could say I have no excuse to have posted a blog in the past few days, but no. There are many interesting stories that could be told.  I will have to pick and choose which go up.   Well since Balls Models night things have been moving at a rip roar pace for me.  Work has been busy, and socially I have been a freaking butterfly (far more than I could have ever wanted).  I haven't been on my computer for more than 5 minutes at any stretch until tonight.  I also probably had maybe 10 hours of sleep my entire weekend.   Like I said whirlwind!  Thursday night was  a pretty quiet night and it should have been used for recovery from Wednesday night, which was a slammed Karaoke night, but for some reason I just couldn't fall asleep and then once I did, I woke up really early and had a hard time getting back to sleep.  So, I did the next best thing (well for my body)  I went for a run.  It has been well over a month since I have run and man, it took a while for me to get going.  Every time I felt myself pick up pace, the next thing I knew I was walking.  I actually had to force myself to run on the way back--which I did!  I didn't as run as much as I normally do, but I did run a long stint and at a faster pace so that was good.  I did take a few pictures where I had stopped to stretch my calves mid walk before I started to run.


Wild poppies

Just gorgeous

lots of flowers



perspective

After my run, I came home and showered, got groceries and then headed to my friend, Jenn's, shop.  We had a very fun day there, enjoyed the sun outside the shop, printed some shirts, and even got convince for an impromptu trip off island to Bellingham.  I was really sketchy about it, but I agreed.  It was a crazy night, we went to a Mexican bar and what I thought were really bad margaritas, and then onto Rumors, which is a gay dance club.  Very interesting, first time that I had been there, they were having a benefit for the local roller derby girl team- the Roller Betties, with a theme of Zombie prom-- very interesting like I said.  Soon we headed back to a friends house to crash for the night and then up early in the morning to catch the morning ferry back.  Ugh.. for lack of sleep & and a full ferry of screaming kids, constant announcements, and the ferry horn going off.  All I wanted to do was get some rest but that didn't happen.

Cormorant on the ferry dock in Anacortes

More cormorants

Once back on island I went home and did a quick shower then I headed out to the hollow as they got in a fox yesterday that they wanted my input on.  A radiograph showed that it has a broken femur, but on the bright side it is one that is most likely pinable!  Which makes me very excited as since I have been there we haven't had a mammal that we could do this kind of procedure with!  After that it was back down to Loea (Jenn's shop) to hang out and get some lunch.  Then a small amount of work from her shop, enjoying the sun once again, and just all around having fun.  I went home in the afternoon went home and got my first real sleep since Thursday night (but it was only an hour and a half).  

Kai resting in Jenn's shop below the screen printer 

The night continued with a friend of ours playing at one of the restaurants in town and us celebrating another friend's birthday.  We all got dinner and had a blast listening to Tony (T:FLO) play.  Of course, across the way the Jesus Chords were playing at Herb's, so after Tony wrapped up we headed that direction. I didn't stay too long as I was very burnt out and had to work today.  Home I went to get some sleep.

John (whose birthday we were celebrating) and Jenn dance to Tony's music

Tony and his mentee rock out at Pazzo

more T:FLO



Photos I took at work today:
Our Christmas Cactus is blooming!! I thought we had killed it last summer, but I guess not.

So bright and vivid

 I wish I could say it was an amazing night, but I did have a bit of low time.  I am still trying to get through it right now, as I just feel like everything has crumbled.  But maybe a few good nights sleep, more running, and reflection might help clear it up.  I did go for a run tonight again.  It was intense, I did my route faster than normal, most likely due to rocking out to Sprung Monkey, but I was hindered by wearing my work clothes and a horrid calf cramp.  UGH.. well we will keep pushing though.  Things will get better I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment