May 27, 2009

finally right.

I know I feel into the slack pattern to get some posts done.  I have been out and about, but haven't had out my Nikon too much.  And work, well it has been crazy hectic.   Here is what we currently have in house: 2 adult bald eagles, an adult great blue heron, an adult spotted towhee, 3 house sparrows, 3 American robins, 3 barn owls, 11 European starlings, 1 American crow, a common merganser, a wood duck, and five mallard ducklings, mammals: 6 black tailed fawns, 12 cottontail bunnies, 3 river otter kits, a fox kit.  Doesn't look like much but when it takes roughly an hour to feed all those bunnies, and quite a bit of time to feed the fawns since they are in multiple locations.  The time really racks up.  Like to the point where we are trying to get some extra prep projects done to prep for other animals that may be coming in soon but aren't able to. :(  We happily got our 3rd intern today so that should help pick up some of the extra work once she is all trained up!

So I do have some pictures to share with you from the hollow over the past few days.

The apocalyptic mess after trying to feed the otters a bowl feed.  They aren't quite getting it.  Today we tried something different- we tried fish bits since they are having trouble with their formula.  I got bit in the process, so did Shona!

One of the bunnies!  This one is about ready to be off formula.

Isn't it a cutie!

This little swallowtail decided to visit us in the food prep kitchen today!

Very pretty!

Right before I shooed it out the window.

Our newest bald eagle.  I don't think I have ever seen one with such a white head!

Feathers a little wanky... not sure what is wrong with him/her.

Okay, that is about it.  The weather is looking like it is going to be very nice for the next few days including my weekend.  I will try to be getting out-  as my friend will be in Vegas so I won't be helping her at her shop!  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment