May 31, 2009

Hodge Podge.

Well this blog is going to be filled lots of different things.. So hang on it could be a bumpy ride.  First off it was an amazingly busy day yesterday and at work today I felt the pain of the lack of sleep.  It started out with the new show being opened at my friend, John's, gallery.  The work, very different than the last artist featured and I really like her work.  It is amazing if only I wasn't such a lowly peon I would really like to have few of the pieces.  

Shortly after that I walked even more downtown (2 more blocks in) stopped in the new Discovery Sea Kayak store and got to see Guinness. I haven't seen him for nearly a month!  Sad, I know but it was great to see him again.  Then it was over to Herb's for the relay idol karaoke finals.  They had some technical difficulty and were about an hour behind, but soon the show got going and we it was great!  Great singers, great entertainment, good friends, good drinks and food... aww not much more you can ask for!

Guinness has an organic sticker on his head.  Every single person who walked in the door commented on it.

Steve joined us at Herb's for awhile.

Travis and his dad, Travis.  Now I know where Travis gets his humor.

Tony sports the wife beater as it was quite a warm afternoon.

Family love.

Janelle stops by for a short time, to support her fiance, Travis.

Tony gives it his all.

Steve returned after taking his ducati home.

Bob prepping self to sing, and clapping for other singers.

My coworker Jen joined me for the festivities... like I told her today every one named Jen is a bad influence on me. I would have been in bed hours before we actually left.  John, behind her is being good and sticks to water.

Jen, you look awfully innocent.

Daven, the bouncer for Herb's decided to Mohawk his hair that night.  We estimated about 10 inches of height that added to his already six foot height.


Today I returned to work and it felt like the weekend was just way to short.  Next weekend I should be heading down to Seattle to visit the bro and just get off the rock before life gets way to hectic here, though it has been feeling like it already is!  We got in some new arrivals on my days off, a new fawn, 8 new merganser ducklings, and 2 coonlies!!!!  They are very cute at are a good age for handling still.

Coonlies!!!

A flowering tree outside of our office.


The 2 boy otters, getting stronger and healthier after their recent bout of tummy issues.


Nom nom nom

Again... another video: otter feed.


Anyway tonight I am just going to relax, watch some tv and get some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment