November 22, 2008

accomplished

Yesterday was a day that I accomplished absolutely nothing. I know we need these kind of days sometimes, I really think it was a good thing for me, because even though I didn't accomplish any of my goals I had set out for the day, at least I didn't accomplish them by sitting at home on my couch watching tv by myself. Instead I spent the day hanging out with friends, running around town for a bit at different times throughout the day, watching movies, and just over all hanging out.

As for today, I really made up for the lack of whatever yesterday! I cleaned my apartment, washed my futon cover, and blankets, got groceries, picked up a special order book from Griffin Bay Bookstore, watched a movie, and even made it to the West Side for sunset with a friend. My initial intent was to pick up my buddy Guinness and go for a jog/walk at Redoubt as our normal routine, but he was not himself and had a hard time with his run this morning according to his owner. So I decided not to put any more stress on his body b/c of it, granted I could have used the jog/walk anyway. I decided a nice drive and a sunset would be okay. It is amazing how the temperature can change drastically with the dropping sun and also with wind right up the cliffs off the water. It felt 10 degrees cooler on the bluff than it did by my car, just 20 feet up the way. I am sure glad that I keep a hat and a pair of wool fingertipless gloves in my car. It meant that I was able to take some photos, but stay warm. I also had my binos out and got to see a red-breasted merganser, and two pacific loons hangout in the water. Of course there were numerous gulls and I had to do the "bauclk bauclk" chat back to them.

Anyway I will let you see some of the camera phone pics I took, as well that is what I have to work with right now.

My buddy Guinness on a walk on Jackson's Beach awhile ago


Sun over Vancouver Island.




It's a long way down, and out if you want to miss the rocks below!

Little Mushroom, don't ask me what kind. I only know the ones in the stores are safe to eat.




Last image of the night.

Anyway it is now time for me to get ready to head out to dinner. I am meeting a friend, Heather, in town for a good dinner. Her and I don't get to hang out much, but we are trying to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment