November 2, 2008

back to the rain

Well, today was just a taste of what winter is like for us. I really wish I had a picture of what I was looking at at work. It was raining, and I mean it was coming down quite well. Luckily I got most of the A.M. feed before the downpour started, but I wasn't completely unscathed. From what I hear it didn't rain to much in town, so it sounds like it moved West to East straight across the island. It was one of those rains that would pour and then let up to a drizzle, but no matter what it was a very cold rain. The air temperature didn't feel bad, but once I was soaked I just wanted to curl up for the day. Ha that didn't get to happen.

It was also seemed today, that small things wanted to go wrong. I got to clean out the septic tank filter... eww all by itself and it was mice cleaning day for my breeding mice colony and this all took place before 10am. I also had a monthly report to write, which involves adding stats into the database, and seal release records to complete from Saturdays release, which also requires adding information into 2 excel files. Which, with a rainy day one would think doing computer work would feel better than being outside. To some extent it is, but if it is work on the office computer than it is cold up in the upstairs, plus the rain pounds on the metal roof. I would much rather be downstairs in our "kitchen" working on my laptop to get work done; work which I didn't get to work on today b/c of the other computer work. Hopefully tomorrow I can continue to work on feeding protocols for the main animals that we bring into the center.

After work I of course came home and took a hot, hot shower. Nothing feels better this time of year that to wash the chills away and also climb into a pair of fleece pants, a tee shirt with a fleece sweatshirt and curl up on the couch under a fleece blanket. Aww the only down side is wet hair that cools off fast. But I can suffer with that.

PS this dark really early sucks. It makes me want to bolt from work really early so I can enjoy some daylight time. But also I felt ready for bed a few hours ago. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment