November 15, 2008

Days off

Lately I have been feeling a bit (quite a bit actually) run down. It hasn't seemed to get any better with rest and just plain laziness. Some of you know that me getting a normal amount of sleep is quite unusual as it is. I am starting to feel like rechargeable batteries that are at the end of their hold capacity (as in they drain way tooooo easily). This means I have to find something to pep up my energy.

Yesterday, (actually I decided this on Thursday night after work, but Guinness wasn't home, b/c Jason had him out on a run) I took Guinness to American camp for a run around the loop at Redoubt. I have been struggling with muscle pulls in my hips since Halloween dancing. I was thinking that I needed to just get myself moving some more and maybe that would take care of all the issues. Yeah about 50 yrds into my jog with Guinness I felt/heard a horrid pop. Some muscle over top my iliac crest, my guess would be the Tensor faciae latae has pulled. It made the rest of the walk (roughly a mile) excruciating. Plus, we all walked to town last night for dinner and drinks and then walked partway home before a friend drove me to get my truck. And lets not even discuss the pain it was to even turn over in bed!

Today, if I was moving it felt better, there is still pain, especially when I am getting up and down from a seated position. But, felt much like it did before yesterday's incident. So, what did I decided to do, take Guinness for another jog. I know I am a glutton for punishment huh? Well, there wasn't any major damage done (at least not that I felt). I did get shin splints today, but I know most of my muscles were tight from yesterdays jog/walk (oh yeah, I did do more jogging after the pop yesterday too-- I know that was stupid).

I did take some photos on my cell phone, b/c well my batteries are dead in my digital and they really don't hold a charge anymore, and I was going to use my 35mm b/c it was gorgeous but found out I was out of film. Here are some of the images from yesterday and today.


These two images are 2 coves west of Granny's Cove, I loved how the Nereocystis luetkeana is piled.


Mt. Baker over the Lopez
In all of these the sun is playing the clouds over the Olympic mountains, roughly 45-30 minutes before sunset.
I wish this was more visible, but even if you click on the photo to enlarge it, it isn't (darn me for not having an adequate camera). but the little dot right about the pile of logs on the point, I know you see it, you think it is dust on your computer screen. Well it is actually a bald eagle, one of the residents of the South Beach prairie.

As for right now, I think I will close this blog off and as I have brought in my mat and plan on doing some yoga stretching to help ease the muscle tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment