November 1, 2008

Happy All Saints Day.

Well, I am spending the day recouping after last nights fun (well not entirely- I had to put in a few hours at work b/c we released 2 seals this afternoon).

Last night was fabulous, but I didn't expect anything different. Halloween is my second favorite holiday, losing out to New Years Eve. Needless to say, I was like a child on Christmas morning. I paced my apartment yesterday just waiting until I deemed it was time to put on the costume. Luckily, my friend called and asked me to come hang out at their house early b/c he had to rifle through Halloween supplies to find some makeup and items to put together a last minute costume. So I sprang into action, kicked my cat Onyx off my costume. And headed up the road to their house.


Onyx thinking my outfit was her outfit

It was fun to see the kids in their costumes, but for me is it the excitement of getting to be someone else for the day. I means I generally get into a little more mischief than normal ;O. But all in all, I keep my wits about me and my conscious still nags at me.

Here are some photos of last nights excitement.


Lyle was afraid to show a little leg...


Jessi on the other hand was quite comfortable with it


your bartender for the evening will also be your bounty hunter


KT and I, me being Penelope Pitstop


Heather gets festive with a flying monkey shirt, for her this is Halloween dress up


Cess rocking with Lords of Tiamat


Dick sports a nose like no other


Jessi caught off guard.


Eli, Will, and the back of Ann's head


One fine ass couple


Maddon and Megan


Jason, seriously... all I can think of is the family guy episode where they want Gumble to Gumble back on the air and they put pepperonis on Chris as some sort of Make a Wish Scheme


Tony, biker bob, and Sheila



Ann & Kati... sigh I miss the girls

Today, we said goodbye to 2 more seals. All we have left is 2 more to go (it may be awhile since one of them is pretty small). The tagging process went very smoothly. And the release did as well. We had been discussing what we thought Shrike and Eskimo would do once we went to release them. I pegged it! Shrike peaked out of her carrier, saw the water and humptity humped right into it. Snorting and flipper slapping the whole time. Eskimo on the other hand too a few minutes to come out, and then he didn't really want to venture into the open water too much.


Shrike is already out in the water, you can vaguely see a head, while Eskimo peeks out


Shrike plays in the kelp bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment