November 24, 2008

getting around to it

So, I was able to come up with some batteries that were charged (took me trying 5 sets of batteries) to take a few photos of our "little" new addition. I really wish that there is someway for me to have something in the photos to convey just how big s/he is. I can basically tell you that the plug in's behind her on the wall are roughly 3 feet off the ground.





This is the look at those feet photo!!





We have finally (something we have been trying to do for more than a week, but due to weather and lack of flights got it to happen) got the last Pygmy Owl out for release, as well as sent the flying squirrel back for release today with a volunteer who was heading to mainland early this afternoon! Very exciting to see those two little critters go, but kinda sad too since they were both so darn precious. But that is what I am here for, fix 'em and send 'em on their way.

Sun is shining bright here at the hollow, and even though it has felt a bit brisk all morning. It is definately a lovely day. Hopefully I can get to enjoy a few minutes of sunshine after the work day is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment