December 12, 2008

Bitter cold

Day 4 in SoDak has me going stir crazy-- I have avoided all my vices thus far so that is always a plus. I attempted to go for a jog last night when we returned home from town, but there was a bitter wind, plus neither one of the dogs wanted to come close enough to me to grab them to put a leash on. So I gave up pursuit and came back inside and dinked on the computer while my mom and dad watched Survivor.

Sleeping has been so-so, and last night I was really put to the test. I shared a room with my 14 year old niece, who has to have the radio on, and like a gazillion night lights that light up her room like a runway landing. If it isn't obvious of me stating those things, I personally sleep with no external noise, and even put in ear plugs if the neighbors are playing their music too loud (when not on call), as well as complete darkness. Of course her cell phone alarm starts to go off at 6 am.. ugh.... and lets just put it this way, she was still in bed at 7:10 when my sister came in and yelled at her that they were leaving in 5 minutes so she better get her ass out of bed. I got to hear her alarm and my sisters prodding her every 10 minutes. I can usually handle one interruption and be able to fall back to sleep, but not every 10 minutes. I did attempt to go back to sleep once they left but yeah, it didn't happen so I got up and thought I would try for a jog this morning, as I have a chiropractor appointment at 11 am so I figure I will not be running for the next few days just to try to hold on to every part of the alignment as possible.

I went out and sat in the dog pen until one of them came over to me, Midnight finally decided he would come and see what I was doing and let me clasp him to the leash eagerly; then of course Shadow was all excited and she thought that I would let her come too.. Haha. Off we went at 7:30am, meaning I got to watch the sun rise over the snow filled fields. I would definitely say it ended up being more of a walk than a jog, I tried but two things held me back, a dog not use to walks/runs, and the bitter cold that my lungs didn't agree with. I would take off in a jog and my lungs would feel like they were on fire with ice crystals.
As for today, well I will take a shower in just a few, head into Sioux Falls in about an hour for my back cracker. Probably Christmas shopping, and then who knows, probably more "family time".
Here are few pics I took, I am surprised I had enough battery life in my camera.. plus it went flying out of my hoodie pocket half way through the run too...oops.

My partner in crime: Midnight


Sunrise
The snowy gravel road I walk/jogged.. adding one more level of difficulty for me.


Cute little farm, I am sure if I asked my mom she could tell me who owned it.

Not use to the workout and had to stop and rest.



The place most of my relatives are buried in SoDak

The town water tower for Humboldt, SD


Bunny Tracks!!!!
Looking west over I-90.. now just go about 1600 miles west... aww home!
Looking East over I-90 into the sun, reminded me of days I lived in Sturgis and drove to work in Rapid City in the winter sun glares!
I hope these pictures made you feel as cold as I am :P Other than that, have a great one.

1 comment:

  1. Midnight is gorgeous! That's a lot of snow, there... I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete