December 18, 2008

snow

Oh there is snow everywhere I go. I arrived in Seattle last night and will stay with my brother in North Bend for a few days and then back to the island. I am glad I didn't try to head out this morning as there is a good 2 inches of snow on my car this morning. And right now I look out the window and see gigantic fluffy flakes falling from the sky.


PS this is the puddle jumper turbo prop we took out of Rapid City to Denver.


Large giant flakes falling in the back yard.

My truck, buried under snow.

Now that the house is warmed up, the pilot light went out while we were in SoDak so the house temp was in the lower 40s... and just as the house was warming up; we lost power! Calling Tanner electric I found out that a substation for North Bend had gone out. It was out long enough for me to give up and go climb into bed with a huge pile of blankets and comforters.

So, although I am not "trapped" at my brothers b/c I know my truck could make it out. I do feel slightly trapped. I have already given his house a once over cleaning that I do when I came to visit him. The only thing I want to spend some more time on is cleaning the kitchen counters & appliances. I will also have to make a Target run while I am here and pick some staples before heading back to the island.


Here is my lunch buddy! My brother and I sat down to eat some left over pizza and I looked out the back windo and saw this little guy picking at something in a tree. What a lovely little sharp-shinned hawk.

Click on photo to see his/her in better sizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment