December 25, 2008

quiet Christmas

Not much to really blog about today, as it is a quiet Christmas for me. I started my day with the normal routine. Went into work and feed the critters. On the way out to feed the Trumpeter Swan and the barred owl, I took a peek at the seal pools, Filchner had made it through the night, but had a fissure at the neck.. I guess it is fitting to the name, but I am sad to know that he will loose his head today. Other than that, Shona and I tinkered around work until about 11:30 AM and then said... forget this, time to go home.

I should go take Guinness for a Christmas day walk, but with this lingering cold and the fact that I have spent everyday wet from work, I think it is smart for me to try and stay dry and warm for a few days. So here I sit trying to decide what to make for my "dinner", watching movies, reading Christmas cards, snuggling with my kitty, and having my pager beside me.


I was in SoDak with family a few weeks back, I didn't really have anything to open today. I got a beautiful book that I wanted from friends last night Hubble: Imaging Space and Time and a book today from Shona One Wing's Gift. There is suppose to be a UPS package coming from my folks, but with the Pacific NorthWest weather the way it has been, who knows when that will get here.


I hope you all have a great day!



The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment