December 6, 2008

O, Tannenbaum

Today was a full packed day. I was awoken this morning by the call of the ferry horn as it neared the dock just around 9 am. Leaving me to text a friend who immediately called me back and we met for coffee at the local cafe- Rocky Bay. There we ran into a few more people we knew and our table grew.

Soon we were off walking downtown and shortly after I was dropped off at home. I think by then the coffee I had drank kicked in and I was a bit on the wired side. I didn't sit down, I did dishes, cleaned my apartment, worked on my Christmas card list, and gathered my garbage and recycling. Then off I went to take my recycling to the dump and to pick up groceries on my way home. I figured my grocery bill would be smaller this week as I am going to be gone in 3 days, but I had run out of some of the more expensive staples, so yeah, that didn't happen (but next week I won't have one so I guess it evens out). I came home put the groceries away, took my laundry out of the dryer, and decided to make some goodies. Whew, mind you it wasn't even one o'clock yet! So I made a family recipe for mint swirl brownies and while they cooled before I could put the chocolate glaze on top, I picked up Guinness and went for a run.


Here is Guinness and me driving.. he loves to rest his head on my shoulder!


Here is where we were running, the light house cliffs.



The sun plays behind the Olympic mountain. Once again, I was not lucky enough to see Mt. Rainer.


Here we are looking back at the light house, yes it is the speck at the very end of the cliff series, and yes I was jogging right along the cliff for most of it! Guinness even had one of his paws slip through the undercut banking--scary!


This is what I call flat water!


Here is Guinness half way through our excursion!



These shots are a little blurry but shot number one is a shot straight down to the beach below, and 2 helps shows just how the cliff face is eroding away.

It was another almost 9 songs on the iPod and I know this isn't impressive for most people but I did run 2 songs of those (both of them over 4 minutes in length) for someone who hates to run, and has as many issues with it as me, I would say that is pretty good, but I have a long ways to go.

Once back in town and dropping Guinness off, I went home and frosted the brownies (it is really much more like cake), took a nice shower and headed down town for the lighting of the trees in memorial park (the circle at the beginning of spring street). I hung out at discovery sea kayak for the event were they were giving out cider and candy canes to all the patrons and kids who wondered up the steps. It was chilly but that is how things get when the sun goes down.


Here is the shop, kayak light and Jason proud of his work.


The trees a lit, I think the trees need more lights but that is just my opinion.


I decided to take a pic of the ferry that came in too.

This evening lead to dinner in town. Great conversation, movie at my friends, and spending some time at a birthday party.

I hope tomorrow is just as filling as today, it sure has lighted my mood after my last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment