December 13, 2008

well adjusted....okay maybe just mildly adjusted

So, I left my post yesterday leaving for a chiropractic appointment. After laying there 10 minutes with the electrode pulses on my back I felt nice and relaxed soon, it was rubbing the muscles to release them a bit more before the "cracking" began. Dr. Berg informed me that my right foot was about 3/4 inch shorter than my left heal when my legs were flat, bent they were the same, meaning that my hips where pretty badly out of alignment. I had serious pains in my hips since Halloween. Of course he cleared the "clicks & pops" in my neck and upper back and then moved onto the hips. First Dr. Berg popped the right side and that was a nice roll of pops up my hip. Then he moved to the left as my feet were still not in 100% agreement, once that was done, he came back to my neck as one side didn't pop all the way through and I had a huge knot on the right side. Soon, after I was out the door with my hips feeling as good as new!!!

I spent the rest of the day with my mom doing Christmas shopping she hadn't completed yet, and we headed back to Humboldt before sun fall for a family filled dinner on pheasant, dressing, and all the other goodies. I was quite tired as sharing a room with my 14 yr old niece has put a strain on my sleep. By 10pm I had crawled into bed while my niece was off babysitting. Of course she woke me up when she came home and hour later, and then a little over an hour after that I got involved in a text conversation with a friend.

At 7 am my nieces phone alarm started to go off as she had gymnastics practice this morning. I had already agreed to be the "photographer" with my good 35mm camera for this, as she has been working hard to be able to compete on the vault. So since we, my sister, mom and I, were already in Sioux Falls more shopping ensued. Ugh... for anyone who knows me there is only so much I can take and I have had it about three times past my eyeballs already. My niece joined us around 1:30 pm for a couple of stores. Thank goodness our shopping experience was cut short today as my sisters 2 chows were at the groomers and needed to be picked up at 3:30pm. Yes!!!!

At home we rested, while my sister and her boyfriend/fiance/significant other/partner (which ever you prefer) had their company Christmas party tonight. This also meant downtime that we could go visit other family members. So that is what we did. It was nice as I haven't seen these folks in a few years, and I always loved spending time with them and at their home!

So that is the catch up for me. Tomorrow morning we will open presents, and then we are going to head back across SoDak in the mists of a blizzard tomorrow.

Signing out....

No comments:

Post a Comment