December 7, 2008

Boat Parade of Lights

Well Saturday was as full packed as Friday was, but still it was quite a busy day for me. I had completely put it out of my head that we would be releasing the last 2 seals Saturday until I was laying in bed Fri night. So I already knew there was at least one thing interesting.

I got out of bed around 9 am again, and started a pot of coffee, made some breakfast, and sat down at my coffee table, checking emails, listening to the tv in the background while I ate breakfast. I then decided I would write my generic Christmas letter & start working on Christmas cards so I can get a good part of them done before I head to SoDak on Tuesday. Soon it was time to head out to the Hollow.

At WH I read through notes that Shona was making for me noting that some of the animals had been moved, that there was a “river otter” now in house. But it wasn’t time to deal with that, it was time to kick the last two kids out, Wolf, the dumbest seal EVER, and Jaguar a late comer who just wasn’t gaining weight very fast. Catching went as normal, Wolf pretty easy, Jag a little hider, and then tagging went pretty darn seamless. It was a grey overcast day with sprinkles here and there so of course the pics I got aren’t the best quality, but they work.


Jag rushed out and actually tried to come up the beach between the 2 carriers, so I had to chase him back out into the water. Wolf soon followed out.





After the release I headed for town and met a friend for coffee, we hung out in the bookstore for a bit. Then I headed home for a shower, and to pick up Guinness & Lyle before heading back to town for the boat parade of lights. It isn’t anything spectacular but I can say that I saw it and had fun hanging out with friends.



Lyle caught off guard!





I hope you all have a good day, I am off to finish my lunch, do work. Tonight, I need to start packing as I will be heading out to Seattle tomorrow afternoon to fly out Tuesday for South Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment