December 29, 2008

I'll Huff, & I'll Puff, & I'll Blow Your House Down

And I felt like I was in the little stick house today, ready to be blown over. Today we had it all, and I think it is going to continue through the rest of the evening. Outside went from dark grey, to pissing mass quantities of rain/sleet/slush, to blinding sunshine, and then too wind. For anyone who knows me well, knows that I dislike wind. I don't know what it is about it; it just kind of makes me nauseous. I wanted to run home and jump in bed and hide under covers! I was bundled up with my coat zipped up to my neck even though I was sitting inside, and my face was bright red.

I was checking the winds online and this is what I found:




Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't have been anywhere near the water today except for late this afternoon I got a call in which I needed to respond, it wasn't anything urgent as it was to pick up a dead swan (it seems to begin... we have been fearing this with all the bad weather). I headed down to the south end of the island. The person lived near the very end of one of the south most roads. I couldn't believe the rolling waves when I got there! WOW! I don't think I had ever seen anything like it, only because, well, I hide in my house on days like today. The swan was no where to be found, either had been gotten by the foxes and drug off, or I am just blind as a bat (which could be true).








Today is a friend of mines 25th birthday, which I am sure there will be some celebrating to do. Right now, I need to call my folks as their shipped Christmas presents have finally arrived so I should best be calling them before I start to open them.

No comments:

Post a Comment