February 9, 2009

be werry werry quiet, Iza huntin wabbits.

Okay not really, but it was a very quiet day at the Hollow.  That can be a good thing, as is pretty much expected for this time of the year. BUT, when you are there all by yourself at the center it can get really lonely.  I fielded only 4 calls while I was at the center and none of them involved animals.  Quite strange, I will take it though and I really hope that it continues through the night and the next few days because we will be busy with other things.

I accomplished a few things today since I was going bonkers. I was a stripping queen, stripping floors that is.  I did two coats of concrete cleaner on the last big section of warehouse floors to prep for paint, and I stripped our treatment room floor to prep it for its yearly waxing.  At the end of the day I was able to apply the first coat of paint to the cleaned floor.  These should be the last photos you will see of the floor painting process.  I don't anticipate the need to take anymore since it is vertually done, just a few touch up spots.


View from backdoor.


last section, first coat!

Other than that, I reviewed the card out of the motion/heat sensing video camera that I had placed in with the third saw-whet with his live prey last night.  Not much to be seen besides the mouse running around, but I know that the saw-whet did get it because it was stashed in a corner with bites gone.  At the end of the day the rest of the mouse had been consumed! Yeah it means that she is probably ready for release then.

I hope you all had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment