February 2, 2009

like watching paint dry

I know my blogs have been pretty much a yawn lately, basically you are watching paint dry with me. That kind of can tell you what it has been like at the center right now. Yesterday I left at 12:30 so I could go home and prep and watch the Superbowl. Yeah! for no calls interrupting.

This morning I have actually done some physical labor, I know what am I thinking! I started to clean out the wooden mammal cage after our last guest overstayed his welcome; the cage is a little too soggy to do the complete clean on it (it doesn't need any more water added to it with a thorough cleaning). To me it felt incredibly warm outside, though weather websites say it is only 43 degrees. I could even see Mt. Rainer between trees on the adjacent property. When I first got online to check what the weather said, it reminded me that it is groundhogs day. Hmmm, did Punxatawney Phil see his shadow? They say he did, but by the feel outside I don't think we will truly have 6 more weeks of winter. I don't think the hollow of Wolf Hollow could stand for more soaking, I know I can't!

Now I am back inside working on protocols and enrichment plans, waiting for our next possible rehab candidate to show up at the center. She is coming from Hawai'i, so I am going to guess that she is going to think it is cold outside. But she has spent time in Alaska so who knows.

I suppose back to typing on work documents. Thanks for sticking with me through this SLOW time. I hope you have a great day, and enjoy the sunshine if it is out where ever you are.

funny pictures of cats with captions

1 comment: