February 10, 2009

Chilly morning

It was a very chilly day today.  The wind was whipping, making it just plan miserable to be outside.  I was busy prepping for a phone interview when I looked up to see it was snowing outside!  I really couldn't believe it; the forecast had changed quite a bit in the past few days from what it was suppose to be.  But I have learned not to really expect it to be that accurate.

Here are some photos of the brief accumulation that was gone by mid afternoon.






With the weather being what it was, I continued to work on the inside projects.  Painting the warehouse floor and waxing the treatment room floor.

I came home, started to make goodies for Tasty Tuesday and my phone rang.  I had to run on an emergency call.  Ugh.  It was an adult male deer who was hit by a car and was fighting for his life.   He was still alive when I arrived on scene, but as I waited for the deputy sheriff to arrive to help me dispatch it- it died.  I wish I could have made it faster and easier for the animal, but it was just too dangerous.

Afterwards I had a pretty quiet evening on Tasty Tuesday and then hanging out at a friends' house.  I hope you all had a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment