February 16, 2009

Disconnect

I have been feel a bit of a disconnect the past few days. I don't know why or what has brought this about, but it just makes me keep thinking how I need to take a vacation from myself.  If anyone has any grand ideas on how this can be done, please let me know.  Again, I really don't know the reasoning behind this, but it makes me not even want to get out of bed in the morning.  I don't have any problem with work, but when I am there all I can think about is wanting to go home and crawl back into bed.  I will probably take a few days off of blogging, as my visitor numbers have dropped a bit.  I think that is because everyone is sick of seeing the same pictures of paint drying, eagles, the south end of the island, me and Guinness.  

PS happy 2 years to me on the island.. wohooooo.... 

Yeah, that being said, I was able to get 3 animals out for release today.  The barred owl that was a very short term visitor (Fri-Mon), and the other 2 saw-whets that I have posted numerous photos.  

This basically just being a random post, because of the my head screaming lately.  Last night I had a strange dream where I was out doing field biology work with someone (somewhere in the Southwest).  We were in a field IDing, counting, and measuring snakes.  I was standing in the back of the truck when the other person was out on the ground catching some up.  We were looking at rat snakes, another snake spp. that really reminded me of Burmese pythons, and we would every once in a while come across a young diamond back rattle snake (very strange since rat snakes generally keep rattlers away).  Someone suddenly appeared beside the truck and they were holding a rattler letting it strike and using it to attack me and the other person I was doing field work with.  He was really good at dodging the striking rattler and I don't think he ever got hit when he was jumping back into the cab of the truck.  After that the stranger turned his attention and snake towards me.  I was able to dodge the strikes, jumping out of the truck bed and running.  When I jumped out another rattler under the truck struck at me, but only caught the bottom hem of my jeans.  Some where around this time I didn't fully awake from the dream, but came to enough to question what the hell I was dreaming about.  Today of course I was curious on the dream meaning.  Using the glorious tool of the Internet for dream interpt here is what I found:  

      To dream that you are being attacked by someone, signifies questions on your character and the need for you to defend yourself. You are feeling stressed, vulnerable and helpless. You may also be faced with difficult changes in your waking life. Dreaming of an attacks provides a way for you to confront a situation that you are avoiding in real life.

To dream that you are being attacked by an animal, is a warning to be careful with those around you. Take notice on who you know in your waking like that shares and exhibits the same qualities of the animal that attacked you in your dream.

To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

To see a rattlesnake in your dream, represents the passage of time.


Really don't know what that still means, but I will work on that.

Last bit of randomness of my blog.  Today I was in a mood to search out King Lear quotes.  I don't know why, I vaguely remember reading it in my high school Shakespeare class, but I do recall really liking it.  Maybe I need to reread it again.  Here are some of the quote I pulled that seemed fitting today.

We all laugh at gilded butterflies. King Lear

As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods.
They kill us for their sport. King Lear

we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars: as if we were villains by necessity; fools by heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and treachers, by spherical predominance; drunkards, liars, and adulterers, by an enforced obedience of planetary influence. King Lear

Anyway, back to real life.  Catch you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment