February 6, 2009

getting things done

Today I have been able to accomplish some things. I thought it might be tough as the beginning of the day was quite slow going for me. I woke up and there was a fine rain falling outside. Grrr... I had thought a bit about taking Guinness out for a walk last night, but with what I woke up to-- that was a no go.

Even with the rain, it was a bit tough for me to get starting on the cleaning I needed to do at home. January was a busy month for me and I only had one full weekend. So, cleaning on my day off really didn't take priority. I finally bit the bullet and just got started; I soon got my kitchen cleaned up, bathroom cleaned, multiple loads of laundry done, vacuumed my bedroom, and my floors swept. The only thing that went by the wayside today was actually mopping/shining my hardwood floor (maybe tomorrow).

As I headed out the door to take my recycling to the center, and groceries the clouds were starting to break. I am glad I grabbed one of my multiple pairs of sunglasses as I headed out the door. At the grocery store I picked up a new hair color box. It's a color that is just slightly lighter than the last one I used, which was clear back on Halloween, so it was time to redo it. Not that it is far lighter than my natural hair color, b/c the roots really looked quite natural coming in. Now I have a new do, and the my comforter in the dryer while I watch alittle daytime tv.

I will most likely be heading out soon to hang out with friends before getting a Friday night bite to eat and who knows what else the evening will have in store for me, but I am quite sure it will be fun. I am still floating on a beautiful natural high and the sun shining outside right now is just fortifying it! Maybe I will take Guinness out for a walk still.

I hope you are all having a glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment