February 7, 2009

Continuation.

Not more than 30 minutes after writing yesterday's blog saying that maybe I would take Guinness out for a walk; Jason called me while I was folding 3 weeks worth of laundry. He was saying that he was going to head to Mt. Finlayson for a run and if I wanted to come with and take Guinness for a walk I was more than welcome to. That was all I needed to get my ass in gear and head over to meet up with them. We got down there at 4:15 and sunset is around 5:15 which is good because it takes me about an hour to walk the trails. I went a different direction today and it kind of threw me off so I didn't get the whole loop in and was well under an hour. I figured Jason may have beat me back to the car, but he had run into Richard, his business partner, and they chatted and watched the sunset. I was back to the car as the sun was setting, but that was okay with me because I was in one of those "don't quit walking moods, even if the sunset is gorgeous." I sat on the tailgate of my Jimmy waiting for them to return, it was amazingly quiet out there. Besides the occasional Junco chirp & a flicker screaming, there was no wind, no any other sounds.

I took a few photos while I was out, but not as many as normal. Again I was more in the concentration of getting the most out of the walk than a leisure walk.


The moon at the beginning of my walk


Sun bright and high at the beginning of the walk


Sinks a little lower


Heading back the open ridge


Love this tree and it was framed so well with the sun behind it


Sinking lower


Guinness and I chill (literally) at the car


Moon, the best shot I could get with my camera when it was close to the only light left.


Little bit of light left over the hills.

We got back into town, dropped off the boys, headed for a quick rinse off, and turning myself into a girl. A few of us gathered at Steps Cafe & Wine Bar for dinner. They have a new menu so it is always fun to try out Maden's new foods. As always, it was spectacular food! Of course we headed out to Herb's after the fact. Played a round of darts had some drinks. Then I was quite beat that I eventually just left, walking home alone.

That was the end of my day. Today I have been quite lazy and haven't done anything, Last night I felt myself slipping back into the unhappy place I have been in, and that needs to stop. Tonight, I am going to head to a movie with my friend Heather. Hopefully we get some good laughs and some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment