March 23, 2009

a bit better

So, today I have been feeling a bit better.  I don't know if it has to do with me doing nasal flushes, getting loads of sleep, or maybe it was just a quick cold.  

We got another new critter in at work today, a male evening grosbeak.  We don't get these in to often as they aren't numerous on the island.  He is very handsome with gorgeous yellow head stripe.  I may have to break out my old camera to take some pictures at work.  It never fails, you do something nice for someone like letting them borrow your camera battery and then you get some new animals in that you want to take pictures of.  

We did some radiographs on the second eagle today.  I couldn't see much but think it would kind of tough to see a skull fracture if there was one, we also wanted to get rads of his feet and of course the lead gloves of holding his talons didn't allow for a good photo.   We also did a radiograph of the pygmy owl, but unfortunately the film was too dark and we were quite far behind that we will have to redo it later.

Tonight, I have just been chilling at home, snuggled in my fleece sweatshirt and pants.  I had a great dinner of spaghetti and homemade meatballs.  It was fabulous.  Then had a brownie with mint M&M's for desert.   I will probably get some mint tea soon and just relax with TV before bed.

I hope you all have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment