March 12, 2009

the day I bruised my tailbone from sitting...

So I don't have any pictures to share with you today. I have spent my day sitting in lectures, over 8 ours of lectures. I did do some "networking" last night and it was a lot of fun. The one regret I have, I only ate a small bag of Cheetos for dinner. Aw, not much for absorption of alcohol. I did get very nervous this morning when I couldn't find my camera, and I remembered exactly where it was. That meant I had I knew I had to stop by the exhibitors tables before lunch. Because a group of us went and hung out in a room after we left the bar and I remember setting it on their ironing board and they were leaving at to head back to there respective homes, Redmond, WA and Somewhere, New Mexico. They have a project in the works, call The Feather Book. Basically what they are doing is getting rehab centers, and museums, and zoos to send them feathers from adult birds that they are photographing and are going to put them into a book. I didn't get a chance to ask Dave or Casey how they were treating birds that have many color morphs, or even regional differences. I can tell you that I have noticed much richer brown shades of some of the BoP (Birds of Prey) here in the Midwest. Anyway, we have been in contact with them already and have sent them numerous samples. Anyway, I am getting a bit of subject. I ran in there and got my camera, they weren't sure whose it was but glad that someone had come to claim it before they took off.

I have been told they are having salsa dancing tonight at the bar (Izzy & Moe's not The Cave Bar) and have been asked if I was going to go. Initially I said yes, but after today I think I just want to relax in the quiet of my room with the tv and my butt not flat on any surface!

I have another day and a half of sitting in the conference chair before my 4 1/2 hour flight. I learned some good things today about medication, pox, waterfowl, wound management, and diagnostic technique sampling.

I hope you had a good day.



featherbookguys.jpeg

1 comment:

  1. http://www.fileden.com/getfile.php?file_path=http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/9/868835/featherbookguys.jpeg

    ReplyDelete