March 27, 2009

break in the weather

Well, I caught in a break in the rain today and took Guinness out for a run.  Ugh!  That is about all I can say.  When I did pick up Guinness down at the shop while Jason was putting away all the new seasonal merchandise he got in, it was raining.  As we headed to the south end of the island to our (Guinness and mine) old haunts, redoubt - no not the erupting volcano in Alaska- but American Camp, the rain stopped.  I haven't gone running with him in probably over 2 months, and again ugh is what I have to say.

The last intense thing I did was my 4 mile walk around downtown Seattle nearly 2 weeks ago in 3 inch heels, so as we started to jog my calves immediately let me know that isn't what they wanted to be doing.  I pushed through for a bit, but soon quit jogging and turned to a brisk walk.  I didn't get as far in the jogging as I normally did, but I haven't for a while and I am just getting over a cold -- no excuses, I just need to out there more and with the upcoming Spring and new people getting trained I may have more time for it!

I didn't a chance to take any pictures as my camera battery is still with Jason after his kayaking expedition in Johnstone Strait. Plus, there really wasn't much to take pictures of today. I saw some very large ravens that looked like there were playing the courtship game on the ground, a spotted towhee, and a few red-winged blackbirds.  

I will throw another plug out there for my sister.  She just sent me an email saying that the company she works for is going on another venture (it is a funny combination with their current ventures but well all know animal loves love coffee so check it out).  

I hope everyone has a good day and can get out and enjoy some unrainny weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment